Monday, September 22, 2008

Inspired! Motivated! Delighted!



Wow!! To say the least!

I am not a sports enthusiast...well.....I am one hell of a U-13 boys soccer cheerleader! and.....I can get pretty loud cheering on the Capital District High School Girls Rugby Team too! But other than that....I don't think I ever heard of Jim Bouton (that's him in the photo)! A few weeks ago, John and I received an invite to hear him speak! We accepted...not because he's an well known ex-Yankees pitcher....because we had never heard of him before and neither of us know much about baseball! We went for the business networking and to hear what Mr. Bouton had to say about "Rounding the Bases: My Life as an Entrepreneur"! He was comical, articulate, passionate and sincere! He inspired, motivated and delighted me! His closing advice, while chewing a huge 3-finger grab of "Big League Chew" bubble gum (which he created and established) was:

1. Rake the field! (Just ask, we'll tell you the story!)
2. Have dreams!
3. Have fun!

What I know: I am good at number 2 and 3....I just need to rake the field more often!!

For those of you who don't know about Jim Bouton...he also wrote a very controversial book: Ball Four

Just wanted to share my high.....on my way to having fun...raking in my dreams! Di







No comments: