Started off on the right foot and then all of sudden the blahs, frustration and stress overtook me! I was dreading the afternoon rush and was feeling quite overwhelmed! I picked Nadia up from school and she wanted to go shopping for sneakers! UGH!!!! (Definitely, not what I had it mind!) We have been having a hard time finding something she liked, that fit! She's a size 10. We had to go now: she blew a hole in one! So, I complained about traffic and life the whole way to the mall...and then I looked at her and she smiled and said, "I know, Mom." I was still reluctant to let it all go and enjoy myself when I realized I hadn't been shopping with my teenager in quite some time! We even sat down and had a snack and a coke together! I finally let it all go and really enjoyed the girl time with my daughter! She even talked me into trying on a sexy, purple cocktail dress for J & L's wedding!! (I have to think about it...it doesn't have any buttons...missing!) Anyway, thanks for getting me out of the funk, Nadia! You're the best! Then I got home and felt under pressure because it was late and I had dinner and work to complete. Nice, surprise....Antonio had finished some laundry for me! I had been wanting to go to my "special place" for almost a week, but things have been crazy...so I haven't made time. John was knee deep with work in the studio, but I asked him to go anyway. He jumped up, hugged me and we were on our way!
I am so blessed! A teenager who is a wonderful companion, a good listener and one heck of a super young woman! A son who thinks of doing things to help out! A partner who goes out of his way to support me and help me! I love you all very much! Thank you for today!! Thank you for YOU!! XO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep! Looks like you got it good there lady! Looking forward to seeing you in that sexy purple dress at the wedding!
La-
Post a Comment